- 2015: Ph.D. in Historical Theology, Institute of Post-Reformation Studies (IPRS), and Jonathan Edwards Center Benelux, ETF Leuven
- 2008: Master of Theology (Th.M.) in Historical Theology, Westminster Theological Seminary, Philadelphia, PA in association with The John Owen Centre, London
- 1986: Master of Divinity (1986), Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Deerfield, IL
- 1981: Bachelor of Science (1981), Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL
Academic positions and teaching experience
- 2015–present: Senior Researcher in Historical Theology, ETF Leuven
- 2008–2015: Research Assistant in Historical Theology, ETF Leuven
- 1986–1988: Instructor of English as a second language (1986-1988), English Language Services, River Forest, IL
- 1992–2008; Missionary in Belgium with the Evangelical Free Church of America-ReachGlobal in partnership with the Vrije Evangelische Gemeenten, in Ghent, Zwijnaarde and Knokke-Heist.
- 1990–1991: EFCA Missionary in Zaïre
- 1983–1985: Missionary intern in Zaïre with the EFCA
- A Book of Faith Seeking Understanding: Fifty-Two Lord’s Day Readings. Eugene, OR: Wipf & Stock, 2021.
- Contributor to: Harm Goris et al. (eds.), Synopsis Purioris Theologiae / Synopsis of a Purer Theology: Latin Text and English Translation. Vol. 3, Disputations 43-52. Translated by Riemer A. Faber. Studies in Medieval and Reformation Traditions 222; Text and Sources 9. Leiden: Brill, 2020.
- Contributor to: Henk van den Belt et al. (eds.). Synopsis Purioris Theologiae / Synopsis of a Purer Theology. Latin Text and English Translation: 2, Disputations 24-42. Studies in Medieval and Reformation Traditions 204; Text and Sources 8. Leiden: Brill, 2016.
- Jonathan Edwards’s Turn from the Classic-Reformed Tradition of Freedom of the Will. New Directions in Jonathan Edwards Studies 2. Göttingen: Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, 2016.
- Jonathan Edwards (1703-58) on Freedom of Perfection: Establishing the Shift Away from the Classic-Reformed Tradition of Freedom of the Will. Ph.D. Dissertation, ETF Leuven, 2015.
- Contributor to: Dolf te Velde e.a. (eds.). Synopsis Purioris Theologiae / Synopsis of a Purer Theology. Latin Text and English Translation: Volume 1, Disputations 1-23. Studies in Medieval and Reformation Traditions 187; Text and Sources 5. Brill: Leiden, 2014.
Journal Articles and Book Chapters
- “Jonathan Edwards and Alexander Gottlieb Baumgarten.” In Edwards and Germany: Transatlantic Currents. Edited by Rhys Bezzant. New Directions in Jonathan Edwards Studies. Göttingen: Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, forthcoming.
- “Jonathan Edwards and Freedom.” In Jonathan Edwards and Post-Reformation Reformed Orthodoxy, ed. Kyle C. Strobel and Phillip Hussey. (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, forthcoming).
- “Jonathan Edwards’s Conception of Election and Freedom of the Will in Relation to the Reformed Tradition.” In The T&T Clark Companion to Election, edited by Edwin Chr. van Driel. London: Bloomsbury, forthcoming.
- “Jonathan Edwards and Samuel Clarke on Liberty and Necessity: A Matter of Distinction, and Why it Matters.” Jonathan Edwards Studies 10 (2020): 67–79.
- “Que Sera, Sera: The Controversial 1702 Harvard Commencement Quaestio on Whether the Immutability of God’s Decree Takes Away Human Freedom of the Will.” In Jonathan Edwards within the Enlightenment: Controversy, Experience, & Thought, edited by Daniel N. Gullotta and John T. Lowe, 283–98. New Directions in Jonathan Edwards Studies 7. Göttingen: Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, 2020.
- “Petrus van Mastricht and Freedom of the Will.” In Petrus van Mastricht (1630-1706): Text, Context, and Interpretation, edited by Adriaan C. Neele, 111–26. Reformed Historical Theology 62. Göttingen: Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, 2020.
- “The Tension between Jonathan Edwards’s ‘Controversies’ Notebook and Freedom of Will on Whether Reality Is Open and Contingent.” In The Global Edwards: Papers from the Jonathan Edwards Congress held in Melbourne, August 2015, edited by Rhys S. Bezzant, 121–35. Australian College of Theology Monograph Series. Eugene, OR: Wipf & Stock, 2017.
- “Divine Knowledge at Harvard and Yale: From William Ames to Jonathan Edwards.” Jonathan Edwards Studies 4 (2014): 151–78.
- “The Theological Backdrop to Divine Knowledge at Harvard and Yale: From William Ames to Jonathan Edwards.” Theologica Wratislaviensia 7 (2012), 21-49.
- “Calvin’s Metaphysics of Our Union with Christ.” International Journal of Systematic Theology 11 (2009): 309–31.
- “The Unaccommodated Bavinck and Hodge: Prolegomena with Natural Certainty.” Trinity Journal 30 (2009): 107–27.
- “Jonathan Edwards’s Freedom of the Will and His Defence of the Impeccability of Jesus Christ.” Scottish Journal of Theology 60 (2007): 309–25.
- Review of: A Treatise on Jonathan Edwards: Continous Creation and Christology by S. Mark Hamilton. The Journal of Analytic Theology 7 (July 2019): 747–752.
- Review of: Jonathan Edwards among the Theologians by Oliver D. Crisp. Journal of Reformed Theology 12, no. 2 (2018): 210–211.
- “G.W. Leibniz and Jonathan Edwards on Moral Necessity, The Principle of Sufficient Reason, and the Origin of Evil,” (via Zoom) at The Jonathan Edwards Centre-UK Liverpool, 15 June 2021.
- “Jonathan Edwards’s Innovative Notion of Freedom of Will: An Historical-Theological Approach,” presented to the “Models of God Group” at the 70th Annual Meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society, Denver, CO, November 13, 2018.
- “Should Christian Exclusivists, Holding to the Crown Rights of King Jesus Today, Tolerate Toleration in Today’s Pluralist Society? An Historical-Theological Approach to Understanding the Relationship of Saints and Society,” presented at the Neo-Calvinism and Europe: Religion, Nation, Culture, Fifth European Conference on Neo-Calvinism, Leuven, Belgium, August 29, 2018.
- “The Will To Love God Above All Else: Luther, Edwards, and the Bondage of the Will,” presented at The Eighth Annual REFORC Conference on Early Modern Christianity, The Faculty of Artes Liberales, The University of Warsaw, Poland, May 24-26, 2018.
- “The Wise Order and Connection of Things in a Wise Decree,” presented at the “Jonathan Edwards Congress: The Global Edwards,” Ridley College, Melbourne, Australia, August 24-28, 2015.
- “Reformed Freedom?: The nexus between New England commencement broadsides and Edwards’s Freedom of will,” “Christianity in Today’s World: Jonathan Edwards JEC Poland, Ewangelikalna Wyzsca Szkola Teologiczna (EWST), Wroclaw: May 31-June 1, 2011.
- “Jonathan Edwards on impeccability and Freedom of the will” presentation at EFCA pastors’ retreat in Iowa, September 2007.
- “Da Vinci Code” presentation in Knokke, 10 February 2006; in Zwijnaarde, 21 February 2006; in Ichtus-Gent 29 March 2006; in Gistel 29 September 2006; and in Ieper 03 November 2006.