- 2013-2018: Evangelische Theologische Faculteit, Leuven; Ph.D. in Theology and Religious Studies
- 2006-2008: Monash University, Melbourne, Australia; Masters of Organizational Leadership (MOL)
- 2002-2005: National University of Singapore; Bachelors of Business Administration (BBA)
- 2000-2001: National Junior College; Cambridge A Levels
Academic positions and teaching experience
- 2013-present: Research Assistant, ETF Leuven
- With Amanda Jackson, eds. Co-workers and Co-leaders: Women and Men Partnering for God’s Work. The WEA Global Issues Series 22. Bonn: VKW, 2021.
- “Countering Mission Drift in a Faith-Based Development Organization: An Interdisciplinary Theological Interpretation on the Identity Formation of World Vision.” Ph.D. diss., Evangelische Theologische Faculteit, Leuven, 2018.
- With Jack Barentsen, and Steven C. van den Heuvel, eds. The End of Leadership? Leadership and Authority at the Crossroads. Christian Perspectives on Leadership and Social Ethics 4. Leuven: Peeters, 2017.
Book Chapters and Journal Articles
- “The Responsibilities of ‘World Christians’ in Western Europe.” In Sharing and Learning: Bible, Mission, and Receptive Ecumenism, edited by Peter Jakonsson, Risto Jukko, and Olle Kristenson, 114–22. Geneva: WCC, 2021.
- “Women Participating as Equal Partners in the Kingdom of God.” In Co-workers and Co-leaders: Women and Men Partnering for God’s Work, edited by Amanda Jackson and Peirong Lin, 25–34. The WEA Global Issues Series 22. Bonn: VKW, 2021.
- “The Case for Practical Theological Interpretation for Faith-Based Organizations.” Evangelical Review of Theology 42, no. 4 (2018): 319–33.
- “Strengthening Moral Leadership through an Appropriation of the Normative Practice Model.” In The End of Leadership? Leadership and Authority at Crossroads, edited by Jack Barentsen, Steven van den Heuvel and Peirong Lin, 173-187. Christian Perspectives on Leadership and Social Ethics 4. Leuven: Peeters, 2017.
- With Jack Barentsen, and Steven C. van den Heuvel. “The ‘End-of-Leadership’ Discourse in Its Context.” In The End of Leadership? Leadership and Authority at Crossroads, edited by Steven van den Heuvel, Jack Barentsen, and Peirong Lin, 3–10. Christian Perspectives on Leadership and Social Ethics 4. Leuven: Peeters, 2017.
- “Appropriating the Normative Practice Model in People Management of Development Organizations.” In Challenges of Moral Leadership, edited by Patrick Nullens and Steven van den Heuvel, 183-198. Christian Perspectives on Leadership and Social Ethics 2. Leuven: Peeters, 2016.
- “The Search for Spirituality in the Business World.” In Leadership, Innovation and Spirituality, edited by Patrick Nullens and Jack Barentsen, 31-39. Christian Perspectives on Leadership and Social Ethics 1. Leuven: Peeters, 2014.
- “A Constructive Theological Reflection of Servant Leadership in the Leadership Moment.” presented at The Will to Serve: Inspiring Models of Servant Leadership and Social Entrepreneurship, Leuven, May 24, 2018.
- “From Stealing People’s Lunch to the Inclusion of Justice and Care – A Reflective Follower’s Interpretation on the Self-Reliance of Singapore.” presented at the Metaphors for Leading – Leading by Metaphors, Christian Leadership Conference, Burbach Holzhausen, April 26, 2018.
- “Introducing the Normative Practice Model as an Analytical Tool that Incorporates Meaning-making of Staff Members in Faith-based Organizations”, Public Theology in Plural Contexts, Conference of the International Reformed Theological Institute, Lutheran Theological Seminary, Hong Kong, 15-18 June 2017.
- “Setting Hopeful Rules in the Organization: Provision for Fundamental Non-Product Needs in the Organization”, Driven by Hope: Economics and Theology in Dialogue, Conference of the Institute of Leadership and Ethics, Leuven, in collaboration with Erasmus Happiness Economics Research Organization, Rotterdam University, 24-25 February 2017.
- “Religious Understanding of Faith-Based Organizations”, Religion and the crisis of meaning, annual conference of Nederlands Genootschap voor Godsdienstgeschiedenis, Radboud University, 30 October 2015.
- “Leadership Development Programs – The Role of the Organization in Developing Moral Leadership”, The End of Leadership? Annual Study Day of the Institute of Leadership and Ethics, Leuven, 8-9 May 2015.