Academic year 2020-2021 starts on 21 September 2020. We hope to be able to offer our full-time courses on campus again on that date. Our smaller groups and the large building with the necessary space do of course play to our advantage. However, depending on the then applicable restrictions (you know, coronavirus) it is possible that (part of) the lessons will be offered online. However, our experience with distance learning through ETF Open University enables us to make the transition from offline to online fast and flexible, while maintaining the quality of our programs. In short, the uncertainty surrounding the development of the coronavirus should not keep you from following your dream to study theology at ETF.
At the moment, the Belgian borders are still closed, but Dutch students enrolled at a university in Belgium are allowed to cross the border if they are in possession of a certificate of enrollment. This is now the case (we write this on 29 May 2020), and expectations are that this will continue to apply. On our campus, all measures are taken to protect our students and staff and to provide a safe environment, both for the lectures and for the dorm rooms.
Further helpful information:
- Find as much information as possible about our programs on our website:
- Reach us every day via e-mail, SmartConnect (and from Tuesday 2 June also via live chat on our homepage).
- Watch online taster lessons on YouTube (the live lessons have unfortunately ended for this academic year).
- Ask Elsie or Johan from the academic secretariat any questions you may have about the education or studying in Belgium. They are known for their fast and friendly service. Mail your question or make an appointment via .
- Speak to our current students online via video chat. Mail us at and we’ll put you in touch with Pieter, Sara, Mirthe, Arthur or Jaron (bachelor) and Dooitze or Gijs (master).
- We have one more online open day: on August 13, during our ETF Summer Colloquium that will take place online this year. That day you will be able to attend a few lectures as well as an information session about studying in the ETF Open University programs.
- Register with us until 15 September to start your studies in the academic year 2020-2021. Of course, the sooner you register, the better your chances of getting a room on campus.
Keep an eye on this webpage so you stay up to date with any news. And further, do not hesitate to contact us by email. We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Please feel free to send us suggestions on how we can improve our online service to you.
Good luck with choosing your study program!
In the picture you see two of our current residential bachelor students.