start date to be agreed upon
ETF is located in an ancient monastery surrounded by a garden. As our Maintenance Assistant you help maintain and improve this beautiful, spiritual location.
Profile and Requirements
- Committed Christian (supportive member of church or congregation)
- Knowledge and experience in various maintenance works, including carpentry, painting, electricity works and maintenance of technical installations
- Basic computer skills
- Basic knowledge of the English and Dutch language, or willingness to learn the foreign language
- Flexibility: willingness to be available in the evening and on weekends
- Service- and organization-minded, customer-oriented with hands-on mentality
- Ability to work both independent and in a team
- Ability and verve to work with students
- Focus on safety, order and cleanliness
- Living in the vicinity of Leuven
- Have a car at your disposal (license B)
- Maintenance and monitoring of installations
- The regular upkeep, repairing (minor) damage to the property of the ETF (buildings, inventories, equipment, the garden and car park)
- Monitoring of and giving guidance to student household activities such as maintenance of the garden and the building
- Planning of minor renovation work
- Purchase of materials and liaise with suppliers
- Follow-up of repairs by external experts
We offer you a responsible and varied position in a team of colleagues from a range of countries. The start date is negotiable. Accommodation can be organized in consultation. For further information you may contact Jeroen Le Jeune, Administrative Director.
If you qualify for this position, then we would be pleased to receive your letter of inquiry and CV (curriculum vitae) at Evangelische Theologische Faculteit vzw, attn. Julie Gelling, Sint-Jansbergsesteenweg 97, 3001 Leuven, Belgium.