- 2015: Ph.D. in Historical Theology, Institute of Post-Reformation Studies (IPRS), and Jonathan Edwards Center Benelux, ETF Leuven
- 2008: Master of Theology (Th.M.) in Historical Theology, Westminster Theological Seminary, Philadelphia, PA in association with The John Owen Centre, London
- 1986: Master of Divinity (1986), Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Deerfield, IL
- 1981: Bachelor of Science (1981), Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL
Academic positions and teaching experience
- 2015-present: Senior Researcher in Historical Theology, ETF Leuven
- 2008-2015: Research Assistant in Historical Theology, ETF Leuven
- 1986-1988: Instructor of English as a second language (1986-1988), English Language Services, River Forest, IL
- 1992-2008; Missionary in Belgium with the Evangelical Free Church of America-ReachGlobal in partnership with the Vrije Evangelische Gemeenten, in Ghent, Zwijnaarde and Knokke-Heist.
- 1990-1991: EFCA Missionary in Zaïre
- 1983-1985: Missionary intern in Zaïre with the EFCA
- Contributor to: Henk van den Belt et al (eds.). Synopsis Purioris Theologiae / Synopsis of a Purer Theology. Latin Text and English Translation: 2, Disputations 24 – 42. Studies in Medieval and Reformation Traditions 204; Text and Sources 8. Leiden: Brill, 2016, 738 pp.
- Jonathan Edwards’s Turn from the Classic-Reformed Tradition of Freedom of the Will, New Directions in Jonathan Edwards Studies 2 (Göttingen: Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, 2016).
- Jonathan Edwards (1703-58) on Freedom of Perfection: Establishing the Shift Away from the Classic-Reformed Tradition of Freedom of the Will. Ph.D. Dissertation, ETF Leuven, 2015.
- Contributor to: Dolf te Velde e.a. (eds.). Synopsis Purioris Theologiae / Synopsis of a Purer Theology. Latin Text and English Translation: Volume 1, Disputations 1-23. Studies in Medieval and Reformation Traditions, 187; Text and Sources, 5. Brill: Leiden, 2014, 659 pp.
Journal Articles and Book Chapters
- “The Tension between Jonathan Edwards’s “Controversies” Notebook and Freedom of the Will on Whether Reality Is Open and Contingent,” in The Global Edwards: Papers from the Jonathan Edwards Congress held in Melbourne, August 2015. Edited by Rhys S. Bezzant. Australian College of Theology Monograph Series. Eugene, OR: Wipf and Stock, 2017. Ch. 7, pp. 121-135.
- “Divine Knowledge at Harvard and Yale: From William Ames to Jonathan Edwards.” Jonathan Edwards Online Journal 4/2 (2014): Special Issue, 157-178.
- “The Theological Backdrop to Divine Knowledge at Harvard and Yale: From William Ames to Jonathan Edwards.” Theologica Wratislaviensia 7 (2012), 21-49.
- “Calvin’s Metaphysics of our Union with Christ.” International Journal of Systematic Theology 11 (2009): 309-331.
- “The Unaccommodated Bavinck and Hodge: Prolegomena with Natural Certainty.” Trinity Journal 30NS (2009): 107-127.
- “Jonathan Edwards’s Freedom of the Will and his defence of the impeccability of Jesus Christ.” Scottish Journal of Theology 60 (2007): 309-325.
- Review of: Oliver D. Crisp, Jonathan Edwards among the Theologians. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 2015. Journal of Reformed Theology, 12.2 (2018), 210-211.
- “The Will To Love God Above All Else: Luther, Edwards, and the Bondage of the Will,” presented at The Eighth Annual REFORC Conference on Early Modern Christianity, The Faculty of Artes Liberales, The University of Warsaw, Poland (24 – 26 May 2018).
- “The Wise Order and Connection of Things in a Wise Decree,” presented at the “Jonathan Edwards Congress: The Global Edwards,” Ridley College, Melbourne, Australia (24-28 August 2015)
- “Reformed Freedom?: The nexus between New England commencement broadsides and Edwards’s Freedom of will,” “Christianity in Today’s World: Jonathan Edwards JEC Poland, Ewangelikalna Wyzsca Szkola Teologiczna (EWST), Wroclaw: May 31- June 1, 2011
- “Jonathan Edwards on impeccability and Freedom of the will” presentation at EFCA pastors’ retreat in (Iowa, september 2007)
- “Da Vinci Code” presentation in Knokke, 10 February 2006; in Zwijnaarde, 21 February 2006; in Ichtus-Gent 29 March 2006; in Gistel 29 September 2006; and in Ieper 03 November 2006.